Current Status (December 7, 2017): The FL Second Court of Appeals denied the CCPS motion to dismiss (see actual order here). This is terrific news! We are a long way from being successful, but this is a game of sudden death and we are still in the game! Special thanks to our legal team Brantley Oakey and Steve Bracci!
- September 28th, 2017: The Collier School Board had 30 days from the date of our filing (8/12) to file their appeal details. Their due date corresponded to the arrival of Hurricane Irma. The courts were closed as a result of the hurricane.
- August 12th, 2017: We filed supporting detail for our appeal
- August 10th, 2017: Our lawyers finalized supporting documentation for our appeal.
- July 12, 2017: Florida Citizens Alliance and 3 Collier Parents filed an appeal in Florida 2nd Court of Appeal.
- June 13, 2017: Collier Circuit Court Judge Shenko denied our emergency injunction. The good news is he actually improved our odds by refusing to let our side present its evidence and then basing his ruling on the faulty school board’s summary brief.
- May 31, 2017: Florida Citizens’ Alliance and 3 Collier County parents filed suit against the Collier County School System for buying unacceptable social studies textbooks (details).
We continue to press forward! This is important not only to the children of Collier County, but every child in Florida public schools!
All 67 counties buy from the same 3 publishing companies, so our effort puts every school board on notice! Regardless of what county you live in, this case has broad implications for your children and grandchildren.
We have exhausted the donations to cover the fees of our legal team, so if you are willing into make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated. Please help us continue the fight and give generously. Your donation is tax deductible!
Remember, this is about our children’s future and the future of our Constitutional Republic.
Florida Citizens Alliance, INC is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization (DLN 17053046342037)
All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Registration #: CH52309
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.